Following the practices of previous governments, the present government has also taken steps to grant political appointments to Sri Lankan missions abroad , reports ‘themorning’, a newspaper owned by Dilith Jayaweera, owner of Derana Meda Network.
Following is the list of new appointments for Sri Lankan missions abroad as published by the newspaper.
1.Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) MP Tissa Attanayake’s daughter Dulmini Indrachapa Attanayake has been appointed as the Third Secretary to the High Commission of Sri Lanka in Canberra, Australia. Dulmini is reportedly residing in Melbourne, Australia at present.
2. Minister Prasanna Ranatunga’s daughter Pavitra Ranatunga, who resides in Adelaide Australia, has been appointed Third Secretary to the Sri Lankan Consulate in Sydney.
3. Minister Dr. Bandula Gunawardana’s daughter Randula Gunawardana is scheduled to leave for New York as Third Secretary to the Permanent Mission of Sri Lanka to the United Nations.
4. State Minister Duminda Dissanayake’s brother Amila E. Dissanayake has been appointed Third Secretary to the Sri Lankan Embassy in Paris.
5. President’s Media Director Mohan Samaranayake’s daughter Subashini Samaranayake has been appointed Third Secretary to the Sri Lankan Embassy in Vienna.
6. Former Navy Chief and Sri Lanka’s Ambassador to Australia Admiral Thisara Samarasinghe’s daughter Thulasi Samarasinghe has been posted as Third Secretary to the Sri Lankan High Commission in Singapore.